Children-Our Most Precious Resource
Children are precious gems that should shine in any setting. Sadly, too many struggle daily against catastrophic illness, abuse and neglect. That’s where your business can help. Adopting a simple JFC fundraising program can make a big difference in small lives.
You will find that helping children is a gratifying experience your employees and customers can get behind with a smile. And JFC is prepared to support your efforts.
It’s easy, just:
- Brainstorm fundraising ideas in-house with key employees.
- Set a timeline for the event and a monetary goal.
- Consider offering incentive prizes to staff who meet predetermined sales goals.
- Promote the fundraiser to staff and customers with handouts, posters, bag stuffers, paycheck stuffers, etc.-and keep the excitement ramped up with regular updates on how the promotion is going.
- Use email or direct mail to invite loyal customers to participate.
- Tell the media in a press release. The fundraiser benefits from the free exposure, as does your store!
- Let JFC know what you’re doing, and remit proceeds on a timely basis. We may have ideas for making the promotion even bigger and better.
- When the promotion ends, discuss in house its strengths and weaknesses. Then decide how to improve it for next year. Support for children should be an ongoing endeavor!
Need ideas? Check out programs available through JFC.
To read one success story, click here.
To read about how one jeweler uses this program, click here.
Sponsoring special event fundraiser’s is a great way to host customers in your store, feature your merchandise and show your support for a great cause. Offer a spectacular piece of jewelry as an auction or special drawing prize and provide jewelry cleaning, sizing or other services for customers who participate in the auction. A request can also be made through the JFC to invite a charity representative and/or family to be the special guests at your event.
For an example of how one jeweler used a Wish List program, click here.
Partner with a supplier or retailer to offer a specific product to customers to raise money for JFC. Through such a program, the supplier would donate a specific amount to the JFC for every product sold while benefiting from additional promotional value as their brand is highlighted to retail customers. Traditional incentives offered by suppliers might be forfeited in exchange for their support of your JFC fundraising program. A number of companies in the industry produce a specific product that benefits JFC.
To read how some companies are working with JFC, click here.
For more ideas on involving your employees, click here.