The Jewelers for Children canister program is a great way for your company to support JFC and to involve your employees and customers. The attractive canister and Plexiglas stand are available, free of charge, to anyone who would like to participate in the program.
You can earn seats to the Facets of Hope event from your canister collections. For every $ 500 that a company submits in canister donations in a year, they earn a dinner ticket to the event. This is a great reward to use with employees who truly adopt the canister program and work to increase contributions.
You can use the canister in a number of ways, including having your customers and employees drop money in, as well as using it for a collection site for your own matching contributions. Some successful ideas include:
- Invite customers and employees to drop contributions into the JFC canister.
- Perform minor services such as watchband sizing, jewelry cleaning, or gift wrapping for free, and ask that customers put a donation in the JFC canister in return.
- Run a special promotion in which proceeds or a portion of the proceeds from a particular product or service goes to JFC.
- Conduct a special “JFC Week” (or month) in your store, during which time a portion of your sales proceeds go to the JFC. To help promote your event, you can use the JFC ad slick and press release with your local media.
- Offer to match all customer contributions to the JFC canister with an equal donation of your own.
- Offer to make a contribution to JFC for every $100 or $500 a customer spends in your store.
To read about how one jeweler uses the canister program, click here
To order a JFC Canister, click here (PDF)